Saturday, March 20, 2021

Filming Day Reflection

 Ryan and Keira Take Over Gator Run Park

    Hi y'all! WE (almost) FINISHED FILMING!! It was so much fun watching my ideas work out. The day went really smoothly as well. I met Ryan at the park (with our masks on) and we picked a good spot to film. The only thing that was a little bit worrying was that part of the park was under construction, but we were able to film everything without getting any construction workers in the back. The day was very sunny, so we were wary of shadows and made sure there was no camera shadow in any of the shots. It was also very hot, and poor Ryan was about to pass out in the sweatshirt I made him wear for his costume. It was actually so hot that I was worried my makeup was going to sweat off. Other than those small inconveniences, filming went great. 
    Upon arriving, Ryan showed me the camera he brought. It was really nice. I don't know much about cameras, but I do know that it's about a billion times better than my iPhone camera. The camera also had a tripod and a handle to steadily do pans. The camera quality was also VERY nice. I'm really lucky to have a friend who was willing to let me borrow it AND be in my project. 



    Filming only took about an hour and a half. I thought it was gonna take a bit longer, but Ryan and I were prepared to get in and get out. I also already knew what shots I needed and was familiar with the area, Gator Run Park, so I knew good places to film our shots. Oh, for the record, we kept ourselves safe by wearing masks in between shots. It was also better and made my parents happier that the location was outside so it was more COVID safe, so that was also a plus. As you can see from the video above, the park is pretty large and we had a lot of space to utilize within every shot. It was also pretty funny because pedestrians walking by were looking at us weirdly. Pretty funny.




    Here are some behind-the-scenes footage videos of our filming. My sister helped us film scenes that both Ryan and I needed to be in. Ryan also brought a really cool tripod for the iPhone to use for one tracking shot we did. The tripod allows the phone to keep steady and eliminate any shakiness. We stuck to the shot list for the most part, and I'm going to start editing on Adobe this upcoming week since I have a lot more time (Spring Break). 

    Here's a funny video Ryan toon of me when he tricked me to keep being in character when we already finished the shot. :D





    Anywho, I'm hoping that the editing will go as smoothly as the filming did. Probably not though, because I'm not as experienced with editing. But we'll get through it! 
Stay tuned to find out! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

My CCR Hi all! Here is the CCR, or Creative Critical Reflection, for my project. It has truly been such a fun ride, and I hope you enjoy it!...