Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The Process of Editing- Part 1

 Crediting the Editing 

    Hi all! Hope everyone is doing good! So last week, Ryan and I filmed most of the footage I wanted to use in my film opening. So, this week I started editing! Fun! I went over to Ryan's house a couple of times because he has Adobe Premiere on his computer. I've used Adobe Premiere in 8th grade when I took film in middle school, so I was familiar but a little rusty. But, luckily the editing I've completed so far wasn't too difficult to do. 

Starting the Editing Process 
    Besides stringing clips together, to make it look and appeal better to the audience, I added some aspects to *spice* up my project. I added a camera filter to some parts of my clips to make it look like the audience is seeing the character through the camera lens. I also changed the lighting and saturation in some clips to make them have a darker tint. 

    On top of that, I added a musical track to make the film sound creepier. The musical tracks I chose to include crescendo at the intense moments to add to the suspense factor I want to give the audience. 


    Above is a screenshot of the camera filter that I added to a part of the film. On the side, one can view the audio file of camera clicks that I imported as well to include sounds of the camera flashing while in the POV view. 
    I had to make sure the timing was right, so I cut some clips and made sure there was continuity within each clip. I was able to cut back and forth to create a more professional look within clips, so the transition from clip to clip was smooth. 

    I added an adjustment layer as well. This was used to change the aspect ratio of the video, in order for it to look more cinematic. I also had to include audio transitions to lower background noise from the park as well as make a seamless ut between clips. I then used color grade to change the color/tone of all of the clips. 

    Editing so far has been not too difficult. I still have to film a small scene that I then have to cross-cut, and I'm kind of worried about that, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Hopefully, the rest of the editing will go smoothly and I'll be able to film that small bit and then everything will be good in the world. 
Stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

My CCR Hi all! Here is the CCR, or Creative Critical Reflection, for my project. It has truly been such a fun ride, and I hope you enjoy it!...