Friday, March 26, 2021

Choosing A Font

 Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo 

    Hey all! So, for today's posting- I have to start thinking about the type of font I want to use in my film opening. It is required that we put certain credits at the beginning of the film opening, such as the producer/production "company", the director, editor, actors, and etc. I need to select a font that clicks well with my film. In order to do so, I need to do a bit of research in order to understand the type of font style that will best coincide with my film opening. 

    I think that everything in a film opening adds to the tone and how the audience perceives it, including the font of the credits. A font can easily be used to grab the attention of a viewer, and it also gives the audience an idea of the type of genre the film is. 




   
 In the film opening to "16 Wishes", the font used is peppy, with a white color outlined with a bright purple border. It sets the tone that the movie is going to be a bit silly, as well as targeted at girls. 

My film genre is a thriller. So, what font types can I utilize? 
    In the opening sequence to "Intruders", the font is white and thin, with small gaps in between the letters. This white against the contrasting black undertones in the footage behind it gives for a nice contrast and creates an eerie feeling. 

    Keeping in mind these specific aspects of fonts, I'm thinking I will have a white font as well, since my film opening is muted in colors and has a grey-ish overtone. I'm thinking thin letters as well, since too thick of a font will take away from the footage. I'm hoping I will find one appropriate enough that I'm able to seamlessly integrate into my film. 

As always, stay tuned to find out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

My CCR Hi all! Here is the CCR, or Creative Critical Reflection, for my project. It has truly been such a fun ride, and I hope you enjoy it!...