Sunday, March 28, 2021

Planning For Final Filming and Editing

 Getting Kidnapped! Fun! 

    Hi everyone! Well, we're getting down to the wire here. Spring Break is over, as I'm writing this at around 8:00 PM on the Sunday before school starts up again. This upcoming week, I'm going to be majorly busy finalizing this project. I have to add the opening credits and plan for the CCR as well.  I  also have to film the last scene this week, either Tuesday or Thursday. This is because Ryan and I need to utilize the auditorium to film this scene. The scene we're filming is the scene I'm going to cross-cut of her in the "darkroom". This is being filmed to foreshadow future events in the film and hook the audience in. 

    After this scene is filmed, I'm going to quickly try and finish the film opening so I can start planning for the CCR. I'm going to write out a script for it and want to finish it this upcoming weekend so that I won't have to worry about it at the last minute. So, I need to do some preparation now. 

Filming Preparation 

    When preparing for filming my last scene, I need to think about mise-en-scene a lot. The outfit/makeup and the props mixed with the setting are what really are going to sell the scene. 


    For my character's look, I want her to have smudged makeup and messy-looking hair. Obviously, for being kidnapped, Raquel isn't going to be looking like a fashion model. I believe the makeup and hair will add to the distress and suspense of the overall opening. 

    As for the outfit, I'm thinking just a black tank top will suffice. The scene will be filmed only from about the waist up, so the bottoms I wear won't really matter, but I'm going to probably wear black leggings just in case. 
    As for the props, Raquel will have a strip of ducktape over her mouth. I'm also going to be bringing a facial mist to put on my face to replicate sweat. I think all of these aspects mixed together will fully encompass Raquel's desperation in this quick flash-forward of the "film". 

As for Ryan's character, Willam, I'm thinking of him wearing just an all-white shirt with blue surgical gloves. William's character is prestigious with his craft and wants to be careful not to smudge his "art". 

    This footage will only be up on the screen for a couple seconds, but it adds extreme uneasiness to the scene, creating an overall intense atmosphere and tone. After I film this scene, I'll worry about making it look seamless while transitioning into the overall project. After that and adding the opening credits, it'll be done! After that, all that's left is my CCR. Crazy that this project is almost done! Time flies! I'm really hoping the final product will look good and will turn into something I'm proud to share. 

Stay tuned to find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

My CCR Hi all! Here is the CCR, or Creative Critical Reflection, for my project. It has truly been such a fun ride, and I hope you enjoy it!...