Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Location Scouting

Location Rotation  

Hi, y'all! Happy Wednesday! I'm a little burnt out because I took the SAT today for the first time, but I had to update the blog! Today we're going to be talking about my process of choosing a location to film my project. First, I'll talk about the thought process of why I chose the type of location I did. 

For a film opening, I believe that one to two locations are best. This is because I want the main layout to introduce the characters and allude to the main point of the plot (kidnapping and such). This is why my media studies teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, suggested that I film at a park/playground type area so I can set the scene and have the characters meet each other. I agree that this is pretty much a perfect setting- it's outside so it's safer during this Covid era, there's a lot of space, and I can take my time. So, I've narrowed it down to two locations. I'm leaning more towards one, but I'm going to show them both for the sake of the blog. :D

Location #1- Sand Park in my Community


This was actually my first idea as to where I should film my project. The problem is, the area is not very large and it's at an awkward location; there's a pool to the left and a parking lot to the right. But the main issue is that the "park" itself isn't very big at all. It's actually more like a playground, but there were some pros. It's very close to my house and is very easy to access. I've also been several times so I know the layout well. 

I honestly don't think I'll be using this location unless there's some unforeseen event that prevents me from using the other one, but I thought it was worth mentioning considering this was my first thought for a location. The person that actually helped me decide on the location that I'm actually thinking about using to film was Kimberly from our group meeting! So thanks Stoklosa for having us do that because it was very helpful :p

Location #2- Gator Run Park 




The second location is Gator Run Park, a park that's actually pretty close to my house as well. I couldn't believe I didn't think of this location before it was suggested to me. It's pretty perfect- it has the playground aspect but it also has a lot of space surrounding it so there's a ton of space. 

I think that I'm going to go with the latter location! It's still all up in the air though. I'm really hoping that this will work out because I really like this area. 
 
I guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

My CCR Hi all! Here is the CCR, or Creative Critical Reflection, for my project. It has truly been such a fun ride, and I hope you enjoy it!...