Saturday, March 6, 2021

Target Audience

Target Audience- Whose Eyes Are On The Prize?

    Hola! So, for today's posting, I'm going to be delving into the target audience for my film opening! I think it's important to note who exactly should be the target audience you're trying to appeal to when making any sort of media, not just film. I learned a lot about target audience with my music marketing project. 

The type of genre being portrayed has a major influence on the type of target audience a piece of media will have. 


What is target audience?

The definition of a target audience is "a particular group at which a film, book, advertising campaign, etc., is aimed". This means that certain media is aimed at particular groups of people, typically a specific age range. Target audience is also affected by gender/sex, location, income, and just general common interests. 


Genre

The genre of a film majorly impacts the target audience. Since my genre is a thriller, the target audience of my film opening will be individuals who are in their late teens to early adulthood. Most thrillers have a larger male demographic, but my film opening will be aimed towards female viewers, as it has topics/overlying themes that more females go through. 

In order to portray my film to the target audience, I want to make it known through my piece that the female character is being represented and the problems that women go through are being shown. The majority of females have had the unfortunate experience of being gawked at by unfamiliar men, thus making my opening relatable for my target audience. 

Overall, I've determined that my film opening's target audience is teenage to young adult women. I will try to make this clear by including topics that are relevant to the harsh realities of the female experience. 
Let's hope I can pull it off.
Stay tuned to find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

My CCR Hi all! Here is the CCR, or Creative Critical Reflection, for my project. It has truly been such a fun ride, and I hope you enjoy it!...