Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Scripting With Celtx

 Celtx- Pick the Script! 

Hey everyone! It's Hump Day! Currently very stressed because I have my second SAT coming up on Saturday, but hey, why not make a blog post, right? So, this week's main focus is to develop my script. That means I need to get my plot sorted out so I know what I'm writing about. I don't want to spoil my script until it's entirely ready though; the script will be coming out on Sunday. As for now, I wanted to do a quick post on the platform I'm going to be using to write my script- Celtx. 

What is celtx?


Celtx is a scriptwriting tool that also allows you to create storyboards, screenplays, and has post-production aids as well. Celtx has a dropdown menu to incorporate different scene changes, dialogue, characters, actions, etc so everything is nice and organized within your screenplay. It also saves your work as your writing, so I never have to worry about losing my progress. 

I honestly love Celtx. I've used it back in 7th and 8th grade when I took film in middle school, and even used it for this class back in November for a Film Pitch project. I'm very familiar with it and have gotten used to how things work on the website. So, this is the platform I'm going to be writing my script on. 

Above is a screenshot of how the home screen looks on Celtx. Here, you can select which tool you want to utilize, as well as look at your past saved projects. There's also a help tab for users who may be running into trouble 



In the next screenshot above, one can see how a screenplay is formatted once written on Celtx. This is a picture of one of the past screenplays I've written. In the top left corner, one can see that there is a dropdown menu available. By clicking on that, you can select which aspect of your screenplay you want to implement next, whether it be a new scene heading, an action, or another option. As you can see, the screenplay itself is rather organized, and the application helps keep everything in one place. 

This website has become one that I have started to be comfortable with and will be a good place to store important aspects of my project. 
I'm excited to get writing! I'm really hoping that it will turn out nice.
I guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

My CCR Hi all! Here is the CCR, or Creative Critical Reflection, for my project. It has truly been such a fun ride, and I hope you enjoy it!...