Saturday, March 13, 2021

Writing the Script- Part 1

 Help, Help, Help! 

    Hi all! Today I am writing this blog post in a bit of despair. When trying to write my script, I'm at a bit of a writer's block. I know how I want the beginning to go, but I have absolutely ZERO ideas of how I'm going to end it with flair and pizazz. I want those who view my opening to be left thinking about how good it was. A lot of pressure! And guess what? My creativity? Gone. My brain? Fried. Hotel? Trivago. I have to finish the script by tomorrow and I'm still a little unsure as to how I want to allude to the fact that she would eventually get kidnapped later in the film. 

    I have two ideas on how I want to allude to her kidnapping and, to be honest, I might have to only write the script up until the middle until I as Mrs. Stoklosa about which would be best. 

Idea #1
    This idea was actually my original idea, but I'm unsure if it's "too much". I wanted to incorporate cross-cutting. Basically, what would happen is that when Raquel and William are at the park, there will be an eyeline match. During this eyeline match, the shots will alternate between Raquel's face in the park and Raquel's face in the "darkroom", with duck tape on her mouth, whereas it will then start to cross-cut between Williams face at the park and him in the darkroom looking down, smiling maniacally with a camera in his hand. The film would then end with him walking up to her. I'm not sure if I explained that well, but I have it good in my head and if I do decide to execute that, I know what I want it to look like. I'm just... not sure it'll make sense? I think it will but I'm not sure. I'm gonna ask Stoklosa about it. 

Idea #2
    This idea was actually given to me by Kim when we did a group meeting about a couple weeks ago. The idea is that only the audience would know about William's malicious intentions. As William is taking the camera out of his backpack, pictures of other girls that he has taken will fall out of his bag. He'll quickly throw them back in the bag, and then introduce himself the same way he would in the previous scenario. 

I'm including a voice-over from Raquel as well in my opening. I'm hoping with the combination of the voice-over, editing techniques, and the right execution, the film will look... decent :D. 
Guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

My CCR Hi all! Here is the CCR, or Creative Critical Reflection, for my project. It has truly been such a fun ride, and I hope you enjoy it!...